Arbitrary settlement N4495 / 17: The new settlement law of arbitrary 4495/2017 replaced the previous 4178/2013 and 4014/2011. The Law on settlement of arbitrary concerns exclusively to arbitrarily who have become pre-28.07.2011 for arbitrarily after 28.07.2011 the procedure is different and is done again by us but through the building Service (urban planning) with building permit Legalization.
Who are subject to Law 4495/17?
The regulation of L.4495 / 17 can include properties with arbitrary constructions or arbitrary changes of use as well as cases that have been included in previous regulatory laws (L.4178 / 13, L.4014 / 11, L3843 / 09).
Since at the stage of construction the properties are usually differentiated from the approved Urban Plans, the Urban Planning control of the buildings by an Engineer is required for the certification of their legality.
The existence of any arbitrariness must be declared in Law 4495/17 in order for the arbitrariness to be legalized or regulated for 30 years (cases of particularly extensive arbitrariness).
Subject to Law 4495/17, offset fines that have been calculated with the older laws and reduce the cost of fines.
In detail, the stages of arbitrary regulation with law 4495/2017 are the following:
- The citizen addresses an engineer who has access to the electronic system of the TEE. The engineer performs an autopsy, collects the data required to complete the application for regulation and calculates the “temporary fine”.
- The engineer completes and submits the application electronically and the system issues a “unique number” for the arbitrary, order for payment of the appropriate “fee” in the arrangement (fee), as well as the amount of payments in relation to the number of installments will be selected.
- The fee is paid by the citizen (and electronically via web banking) to a Banking institution of his choice. The payment is automatically certified and the integration process is activated. The following are the installment payments for which the system is automatically informed. The citizen is given a code that will allow him to be informed about the registration of installments and the due balance until the completion of the procedure.
- The required plans and other data are collected or compiled. Based on these, the “final fine” is calculated and the amount of installments is redefined by the system.
- The engineer submits all the required data and drawings to the system electronically. Upon verification of their completeness, an “ARBITRARY SETTLEMENT CERTIFICATE” is automatically issued. This is a standard form in which all the elements of the arbitration included in the regulation will be mentioned. The certificate is necessary for the transfer of the arbitrary.
The fine shall be calculated on the basis:
- Of area
- Of the zone value of the region
- The age of construction
- Whether it is according to the first planning
- Special rates taking into account and reducing rates for social reasons (disabled, first house, unemployed, large families). In many cases (petty offences, old arbitrary) is given a definitive exemption from demolition (legalization) and not just suspension of fines of 30 years (settlement).
Arbitrary settlement N4495 / 17
In many cases (minor violations, old arbitrary) a final exemption is given from demolition (legalization) and not just a suspension of fines of 30 years (settlement).